Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/8th • Points: 6 pts • Points+: 9 pts Calories: 331.9 • Fat: 7.1 g • Protein: 17.5 g • Carb: 54.7 g • Fiber: 7.8 g
- 1 lb high fiber ziti such as Ronzoni Smart Taste
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (I used 1/2 of a 14 oz can b/c I'm not big on tomatoes)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed (I used Cascadian Farm)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 8 oz fat-free ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 cups (8 oz) part skim mozzarella
- Spray olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°.Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with oil spray.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt pepper and chopped tomatoes. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to the pasta and combine the ziti. Add half of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and ricotta. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned.
This can be made up to a day in advance and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.