Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chinese Cabbage Salad

Chinese Cabbage Salad
 {For the dressing}
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp white vinegar (although I have used apple cider vinegar because that's what I had, works just fine)
1 pkg beef flavoring from noodles

Mix all ingredients well.  Add just before you are ready to serve the salad.

{Salad Ingredients}
1 pkg coleslaw (or 1 head cabbage chopped fine)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
1 bunch green onions sliced thinly
1 pkg beef ramen noodles  

{directions}Place the cabbage in a large bowl.

Here my grandma had me use a nut mix vs using the above version.  But here you would add the sunflower seeds and the slivered almonds

Crush your Ramen noodles.  Make them as small of pieces as you can.  Works really well if you have frustrations to take out :)

Add your green onions.  Just grab a bunch.  Some people like more, some like less.  Use your best judgement. (haha and no my hands didn't age really fast, that's grandma's hands :))

Toss together.

Again, right before you are ready to serve, add the dressing.  Now my mom says you can't save it for later, but in college, I begged to differ.  Yeah it makes the noodles a little soggy and the nuts aren't quite as crispy, but oh my goodness, I think it's still awesome.  So use your best judgement. I'll leave you with this:
Dirty Dishes
Thank God for Dirty Dishes,
They have a tale to tell;
While others may go hungry,
We're eating very well.
With home and health and happiness,
I shouldn't want to fuss;
For by the stack of evidence,
God's been very good to us.
~Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Yum. This sounds perfect right now. I am going to make a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that recipe sounds and looks great!

    definitely i'm doing this!
    thanks for sharing an have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was JUST thinking about making a version of this for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete