Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nanner Bread {aka Banana Bread}

So Earlier this year I was on a mission to find the best banana bread recipe.  I was trying all different kinds and having issues. 

Then Lourie directed me to her Grandma Jo's banana bread.  I can tell you I haven't looked back since!



1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 to 1 cup of chopped walnuts (I don't use the nuts so the amount is up to you)

In a small bowl smash bananas and set aside. Cream butter well. Add sugar and cream together with butter thoroughly. Add eggs one and at a time and mix well. Stir in crushed bananas. Add dry ingredients. Pour into greased bread pan and bake at 350* for 45 minutes. Stick a toothpick or cake tester in the center to see if it is done.

I usually end up turning my oven off at 45minutes and then leaving the loaf in for another 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment