Ingredients: 1# hamburger Diced onion
1 tbsp flour
1/4 cup sour cream
4oz. processed cheese (such as Velveeta)
2 cups (16 fl. oz) beef broth (although I almost used chicken... so sue me)
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper to taste
or anything else you may eat on a cheeseburger.
1. Dice your Onion
2. Brown (sweat) your onion until it is caramelized.
3. Add in your hamburger and brown. Salt & pepper.
4. Add in 1 tbsp flour (this is your thickening agent)
5. Next add in your 3 tbsp of tomato paste. Make sure you move them around to "wake" it up.
6. And a tbsp or one big squirt of Dijon mustard. We found Jack Daniels Dijon Mustard... mmmm :)
7. Then add in the 1/4 cup sour cream.
8. Mix well. Then add your Mushrooms and let them cook a bit. (now if you are using fresh, I used canned this time, add them back when you are sweating your onions so they get cooked)
9. Next add in your beef broth.
Now you can stop here and you have a nice Hamburger Soup... but we were making what again??
10. Cheeseburger soup. That requires: Cheese :) Add in your cheese and break it up so that it melts quickly. b/c we all know by this time we're HUNGRY! :)
11. Dish it up
12. Here is where you'd add your toppings. We chose some TexMex tomatoes we found in the canned goods aisle. Mmmm!