Monday, May 13, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Cassarole


Spaghetti Squash

So while I was home and on my liquid diet…. I cheated and ate soft foods part of the time. One evening, we had my Mother-in-Law, Brother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law over for a quick meal of steaks and baked potatoes. Nothing fancy schmansy. But then again when it comes to cooking meals, I can’t be simple. (Just ask anyone that has been to the house to eat) So, I did add fresh salad and fresh bread to the menu. Then decided to add something I could also eat. I had purchased a decent size spaghetti squash early in the week and now was the time I was going to attempt to cook it. Did I tell you I have never made spaghetti squash before? I dumped a little of this and that along with a lot of extra calories into a bowl and ohhhhhhhhh my! It was better than I thought it would be. Even the hubs said he’d eat it again.



Thought I would share the recipe.


Here’s what you’ll need:
1 spaghetti squash
2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 package garlic butter croutons
1 stick of butter - sliced


Here’s what you’ll do:

Preheat oven to 400. 
Next - Peel, slice, take out the seeds and cut the squash into chunks.

Place the chunks on a large cookie sheet covered with foil & cooking spray.

Bake the squash until tender – took about 45 minutes to an hour.

Once tender, dice the squash into smaller 1 inch chunks.

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients above except for the croutons and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.

Pour the mixture into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Next crush the croutons and sprinkle on top of the casserole. 

Then sprinkle the last cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top.

Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes and ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guest Play Bazaar blogging can be your best friend when it comes to leading readers to your own blog. Find a good, relevant blog whose owner will allow you to Satta King post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Play Bazaar your e-newsletters aren't driving the traffic you want, take the time to learn how to develop an engaging e-newsletter. Look at the successful e-newsletters that competing brands are offering and cherry pick some of the better ideas that you see in them. You can then develop those ideas Satta King into your own voice.

    ReplyDelete