Friday, November 9, 2012

Chocolate Mousse Cups

Here is some further proof that it doesn't have to be difficult to be yummy and look a little fancy!

Melt either chocolate chips or chocolate candy wafers. Using foil mini muffin liners, plop a spoonful of the chocolate into the bottom of the liner. Using the back of the spoon, fan the chocolate up the side of the liner a bit, dragging from the center to get further up the sides and leaving the bottom with a decent coating. Put the completed cups on a cookie sheet, or tray of some sort, and into the refrigerator until firm (at least 10 minutes). 
Pull the foil away from the chocolate and store your cups in an air tight container until ready to use. (I like to get this messy part out of the way ahead of time.)
For the filling, I use instant chocolate (and white chocolate) pudding that has been made according to the package directions. I add roughly equal amounts of prepared pudding and Cool Whip together and fold gently. Refrigerate until set and ready to use (can be made in advance). For this look I piled the filling into the cups with a pastry bag and decorator tip. You can also use a spoon or a Zip-loc bag that has had a corner cut off. 
 
Garnish as desired and store any leftovers (ha ha) in the refrigerator. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am really thinking this is going to have to be my "new" dessert for Thanksgiving each year. I always make some nontraditional dessert.... I am thinking I can't pass these up. They look so yummy and cute!

    ReplyDelete