Friday, November 23, 2012

Honey Mustard Chicken

This is another one of those recipes that a great friend gave me when I was standing in her kitchen lamenting over how to cook chicken that night. She sent me home with a baggie of the spices I needed. It has become a favorite in our house. I decided to post this recipe this week, so I had to make the chicken for a photo op. I forgot that part until it was in the oven, but let's face it, raw chicken is not that attractive. This is better...

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a glass 9 x 13 baking dish.
Add:
1/3 cup honey
3 T water
3 T prepared yellow mustard
2  tsp cajun seasoning
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic minced

Mix that all together, then add:
6 skinless boneless chicken breasts (Yes, I have more in that picture, it's ok.)

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. The liquid will stay thin, but you can cook it down in a saucepan, or just use it as it is. We like ours with rice (and green beans, but I didn't remember to buy them).

No comments:

Post a Comment