Tuesday, July 31, 2012

{healthy} baked rigatoni

cooking lights baked rigatoni
305 cals per serving and ridiculously tasty? don't mind if I do.

4 cups tomato sauce {I just used a large jar of whatever I had in the pantry}
1 lb ground round
4 cups cooked rigatoni {2-1/2 cups uncooked}
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Cooking spray
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

**or you can be like me and use half rigatoni/half penne because that's how I roll


  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well. Combine beef, rigatoni, Tomato Sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated

the cast of characters
Photobucket


and some ground beef because for some reason he didn't make it in the first picture.
Photobucket


looking a wee bit tastier here.
Photobucket


{adorable sous chef optional}
Photobucket

cooking makes me want to dance too.
Photobucket


oh yes, the best part of this dish is the fact that you just toss it all together, top it with cheese and bake it.
Photobucket


yummy!
***note for the semi-vegetarians like myself this is easily adapted by NOT mixing the beef in with the other ingreds and instead layering it and only putting the ground beef on half the dish as I did here.
Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! Great idea splitting into two sections for the semi-vegetarian!

    ReplyDelete